Minimalist,dreadhead,artist,earth dweller.

My photo
pittsburgh, pa, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All Black Soap Shampoo Is Not Created equally...

I get this question a lot .... what makes your shampoo different from this other one? and I cant entirely answer this question or I'd have to kill you lol but I am going to do my best to explain why ours is different and why some should never be used on dreadlocks.
My black soap shampoo IS RESIDUE FREE!!! this is not something that all black soap shampoos can boast about (even though they might try). Soap making is a scientific process...and while a lot of folks think you can just add water to black soap and throw in some butter or oil they are so very WRONG!!! I've seen this so often its crazy!! First of all adding oil or butter post liquefaction is NOT I repeat NOT residue free! and while some of those oils and butters might be good for your hair applying them to your hair in this fashion is just a bad idea! you can almost always tell the shampoos that have added oil post liquefaction because THEY SEPARATE yes thats right if you see a funky layer of grease on top your shampoo whoever made it doesn't understand basic chemistry. Now black soap can and will settle but this is different than separation I'm talking about the butters and oils separating from the liquified soap and floating on top this shouldn't happen and the only reason it does is because oil and water do not mix so your getting a product that is either too much water or oil that has not been distributed properly either way your wasting your money.

If you have locks its no big secret that you really need to pay attention to what you put on or in your hair. Dreadlocks have a tendency to hold on to stuff,lint,dirt,oil,etc...so you don't want to be washing your locks with something that is predominately unsaponified oils! and if you have caucasian locks washing with something overloaded with oil may in fact ruin your dreads especially during the early stages.

It seems like a lot of people are trying to jump on the dreadlocks and natural hair bandwagon over the past few years and just because you can sell something doesn't mean you should! When i first started selling my product on etsy there were no other sellers who sold such a product but over the last 4 months I've seen 10 new sellers crop up selling "black soap shampoo" some of them may be fine others look a little questionable. Do your research! I'm a very real person making these products and im always willing to answer questions! Ask questions, whats the shelf life of your product? do you use preservatives? look at the volume of sales the seller has. do they keep the product sitting around for months before they make a sale? whats the ratio of soap to water? I get questions all the time and i always answer ASAP I'm not just a seller im a buyer and i know the things that i want answered. Don't be afraid to ask and do your research!!

No comments:

Post a Comment